Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I blame the one hour time zone jet lag.

Last night, I'm in the cab on my way home. I tell him Clark and Division. (I get more specific as I get closer.) Driver asks if I want 90-94 or LSD. I get all huffy and say 90-94. Seriously, LSD? I had mentioned it was good to be home. I'm not some easily confused tourist. I was indignant! Then he asks if I want Division or Ohio. I'm thinking Holy Crap, what's with this guy? I'm reporting him to 311. So I say Division. Or North if that's better. He asks if North isn't too far. I say no, it's fine. I'm actually between Division and North. But Division is fine. It's certainly better than Ohio.

I sat there, fuming, indignant, huffy.

And then I remembered I was at Midway and not O'Hare.

7 comments:

  1. It did. With pizza and hot dogs (WITH SAUERKRAUT!) and bagels and lox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have no idea what this blog post meant, but you really shouldn't be so uptight. Chill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It meant that I was an idiot. And I wasn't being uptight; I just was bothered by the (apparently not really true) fact that a cab driver would take advantage of someone not knowing their way around. I was protecting Chicago's honor. In my own misguided way. And I didn't yell at him. I fumed silently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't write that I did own up to being confused. We had a big laugh. He said it happens all the time. See, I'm not crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you're crazy. He was just indulging the crazy lady because he was afraid of you.

    Plus, you should be a little more trusting of your fellow man. I think that is the moral of this story.

    ReplyDelete