Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jay Manuel, MD? I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take Jay's (or Tyra's) word that it's perfectly fine for someone with asthma to dive.

According to PADI:
For safety, all students complete a brief scuba medical questionnaire that asks about medical conditions that could be a problem while diving. If any of these [which include asthma] apply to you, as a safety precaution your physician must assess the condition as it relates to diving and sign a medical form that confirms that you’re fit to dive.

I'm so mad. I'd stop watching, but I love the crazy.

5 comments:

  1. No idea what show you're talking about, but I do know divers who are asthmatics. I think it's about personal responsibility and knowing yourself and your limits. You shouldn't dive if you have uncontrolled asthma or you're wheezing (or congested), but I'm sure there are people who do. And those people sometimes die.

    I don't dive because having asthma makes me a bit paranoid about my air supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not saying people with asthma shouldn't dive, but that I understand a scared 19-year-old asthmatic not taking Jay Manuel's word for it. And that it's rude for Tyra and Jay (who I presume do not have asthma) to condone her for it.

    Plus, I was just mad at them for keeping Evil Erin around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kw-
    Oh, and I was talking about America's Next Top Model. Which ends this week, so you will not be forced to watch it in the coming weeks.

    Which is sad for you, because it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine I'll be brain dead in the coming weeks and won't care what I'm watching.

    ReplyDelete