Saturday, April 5, 2008




The Town Hall of the 4th Arrondissement supports the action of Reporters Without Borders which calls for athletes, journalists and the public to wear badges on which is written the word "freedom" in Chinese.





This is hanging on the city hall building for the neighborhood I'm staying in. I've heard both arguments for how to impact change on an oppressive society. One is an economic, social and political boycott. Or you do the complete opposite. Go in there and expose the people to new ideas, new faces, new clothes. But does bringing money into a society do anything other than reward and offer profit to the government? Or does it offer hope and a world stage to those living there? I have no idea. But I thought the poster was cool.

1 comment:

  1. My brain was just like "blah blah blah, stupid Chinese gov't" until the last sentence. Then I'm good.

    ReplyDelete